Followers

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

How to make a successful New Year Resolution

Hellooooo and Merry Christmas!!

This holiday (or lack of it for some of us) has zoomed past as though it had a train to catch. I hope you had a really great Christmas and are looking forward to the New Year even half as much as I am.

I am really excited about the New Year!! Not because I plan to make any resolutions that I know I’ll forget about before February, but because I’ve just discovered the way to make life choices for the New Year that will stick all year.

If you’re anything like me, and make Resolutions all the time about breaking bad habits or patterns, but find yourself even more deeply bound to those die-hard old habits, then this is just for you.

A wise man I know, when asked about New Year Resolutions during a TV Interview put it this way; “This year resolve to be a better person; a more giving person; a more loving person”.

It sounds so simple, yet this simple resolution is the way to finally break out of the old repetitive cycles that have held us bound New Year after New Year!!

By focusing on an internal motivation, rather than the external factors, you re-create your world into the paradise you never even dared to dream about.

For example, if you've been resolving to lose weight for the past 5years, and each year you vow to eat less, exercise more and do all those other crazy weight-loss regimens; but you never go through with your plan.

Try a new method this year, by telling yourself, "This year I resolve to be healthy"

This way, the focus is on Being rather than Striving.

Everything that is necessary to enable you adopt the healthy lifestyle patterns that will enable you Be that healthy person will be made available to you.

So let me be the first to say it: “In 2010, I resolve to be honest with myself; generous with myself; and content with who I am”

Your turn....

No comments:

Post a Comment