Followers

Sunday, March 7, 2010

My Saturday Night Adventure

So there I was early this Saturday evening, with a brand new haircut, freshly shaved legs, a semi-new wardrobe and absolutely nowhere to go!!

One hour and a phone call and a half later, I was on my way to Rehab for an emergency gossip and drinks session with my friend, Yvonne. Didn’t happen though, as I was ditched by her for a guy!! (Payback is gonna be a B***h!!)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Yvonne Nwosu

That left me all dressed up and now really with nowhere to go! I decided to drive around a bit, and before long, noticed a restaurant filled with cars….so I did the most natural thing that came to me…I crashed the party!!

It was a blast!! P-Square was performing there and the Champagne was there to welcome me at the door!! As I walked in, I was actually glad Yvonne had ditched me!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
P-Square

After about an hour, the party began to thin out so I started rounding up my conversation with a guy I met there, who had kept me company the entire time. Please don’t ask me what I told him when he asked me how I knew the Celebrant!!

Leaving there firmly clutching unto the souvenir bag I’d been given, I decided to go to Get for another drink. Get was empty except for a couple that looked like they hated the sight of each other, a congregation of idle waiters and a group of four guys who looked like it was a Boys’ Night Out for them.

Just as I was walking out, a crazy thought popped into my head. I discarded it as a bad idea at first, but decided ‘What the heck’, I might as well. What’s the worst that could happen?

So I walked back in and straight to the Boys’ table. “Hello, is it alright if I hang out with you guys?” I couldn’t believe those words were coming out of my mouth!! They looked at me weirdly but made space for me…..and I sat with them.

As I took my seat, one of them warned me that they joke a lot, so I should not be offended. I told them to carry on and forget I was even there!!
It turned out to be one of the most fun evenings I’ve ever had!! Totally spontaneous and natural, I laughed so hard and gisted with those guys like I’d known them all my life. It really is true what they say about Boys and their Toys!! I had to listen to them talk almost all the time about their Toys (boats, cars and bikes), but it was interesting! It was a great evening!!

About an hour later, we all walked to our cars and said our good-byes. No-one trying to collect numbers or be suggestive in any way!! It was a fun, fun, fun night, the best I’ve had in a looooong time.

3 comments:

  1. of cos it was fun....o gosh i wish that was me...i totally like hanging out with guys as in it just funny i know but mehn guys jist is always fun....but i had to stop doing it cos my sister just used to think i was promiscious or somtin i mean how do u explain my BBF is a guy the next closest three r guys too...lol
    u go gurl!
    hows work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Work is fine...Thanks!!

    It has nothing to do with promiscuity, so I don't think you should ever feel weird about wanting to hang with guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. But be careful though...cos it's not all guys who have an open mind to just accept that a girl wants nothing from them but fun, no-strings-attached company!!

    There's nothing worse than having someone misinterpret your intentions!!

    ReplyDelete